Door to Door Collections
Door to door collections are often used to collect used clothing and textiles these types of collections are very labour intensive they also involve the delivery of thousands of plastic collection bags. Up to 10% of the bags are put out for collection which leaves 90% to be thrown away.
A major problem with Door to Door collections is the bags being collected by non-authorised collectors i.e being stolen by scam collectors. Bad weather can also ruin the textiles/clothes.
With all these challenges to overcome with Door to Door collections it means that the costs are high and the smaller charities that run collection schemes with Authorised collectors sometimes get very little for all their hard work.
Telephoning for a collection at your door can eliminate all these problems and can generate up to £5 for a 10 kg bag, its then up to you if you want to donate the money given to your favourite charity it easy to do using Justgiving.com